Friday, August 26, 2011

Instructions for our Faith



Walking in the Word

1 Corinthians 1:22-24

New King James Version (NKJV)
22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.



Responding to the Word
I love getting toys and furniture that has to be assembled.  I open the box, take out every piece and separate them.  I group all screws, nut and bolts together and make sure I have the right tools.  My momentary pause comes only when looking at the directions.  Because the product is sold around the world, the directions are in French, Spanish, Greek, Chinese, Mandarin, Ancient Aztec Symbols (just kidding) and English.  Nothing makes sense to me until I get to the English directions.  Then, and only then does it all come together.  What we see above is a simple truth every Christian should understand.  When we seek truth and love, we must seek Christ crucified.  What He did on the that cross says it all!

  

Praying in the Word
Father, How I pray that our minds would be flooded with gratitude for what Your Son did for us.  May we always cut through the loudness of this world and zero in on Jesus, the Author and Perfector of our faith.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment