Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Power of God



Walking in the Word

1 Corinthians 1:13-15; 17-18

12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? 14 I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized into my name.   17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.


Responding to the Word 


Jesus loves you and I and gave His life for us and did so on the Cross of Calvary.  We rejoice in the fact that even though He died, He arose again on the third day.  That's called the Gospel Message.  Translated - It means "Good News."  However to many, that message is called somewhat "foolish."  They wonder, "Why would God let His one and only Son die?"  It's a stumbling block they cannot get passes.  Isn't it wonderful to know that we know that God so LOVED the world, He gave His son, (John 3:16a) and that is not "foolishness" but the "power of God" for salvation.  Amen!    

Praying in the Word

Father, Please help us to keep our eyes on Jesus.  Thank You for a great first night of Faith Evangelism.  I pray for the Boldness of the Gospel to fill every person attempting to share their faith this semester  It is not foolishness, but the Power of what You have done in our lives and I just want to say, thank you.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment