Thursday, May 19, 2011

Best Water on Earth




Walking in the Word
13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”  

John 4:13-14

Responding to the Word

I love living in Plant City, FL.  I don't know about you but I always try to do any outside work in the morning or the early evening.  I just try to be smart about it and beat the heat.  So why was this women coming to the town well during the hottest part of the day?  She was an outcast!  She had done some pretty bad things in the town she lived in and didn't want to face the ridicule from the other women in the morning.  I love the way Jesus sat by that well and began a dialog that led to her incredible salvation!  And not only did it lead to her salvation, but also to her being an instant missionary.  Jesus is the living water.  He satisfies in ways we never thought possible.  He give peace to our hearts and joy to our lives.  He is everything to me.  Is He everything to you? 

Praying in the Word


Father, Forgive us when we search for the treasures of this world in order to fill our lives with  peace, joy and love.  Those things only come from above in and through the Lord Jesus Christ.  How thankful we are to know that Jesus satisfies every inch of our lives.  I pray we drink freely in Your love and assurance and that You in turn find us faithful to Your call.  In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen  


No comments:

Post a Comment