Thursday, February 3, 2011

Come to the Wedding



Walking in the Word

1 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, 3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.              Matthew 22:1-3

Applying the Word

When I was a kid, the worst place for me to end up was a wedding.  First there is the tuxedo measurements and rental, then the practice run and then finally, the real deal.  I have had a lot of practice in this area in that I have three older sisters that began getting married when I was eight.  But what would happen if the bride walked into the church to get married and found it empty.  She would be heart-broken and bewildered as she wondered why anyone would want to miss such a nice event.  Jesus says the Kingdom of God is for all!  However, He did not come to our lovely planet simply to invite the Priest, Preachers and Teachers. He came for those who were doing some, "not so good" things in life.  People like thieves, criminals and just about anybody else you might see on the 6 o'clock news.  The Bible says that He gave His life on the cross to pay for the sins of the World.  And that's good news for everyone!

Praying through the Word

Dear Father, Good Morning.  How I love to hear your voice and feel your presence in the stillness of the morning.  Father I ask you to help me reach out to those who are not exactly like me.  Someone who may have just moved into the area and has no friends.  Someone who may be different from me and does not look exactly like me.  Someone that society has turned
away from and has discarded.  Someone that is loved by a mighty God in His heavenly home.  Please give me eyes to see and a heart to understand.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Memory Verse  

11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
         That I might not sin against You.   Psalm 119:11

No comments:

Post a Comment