Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Talk is Cheap

LaserTag in the Ice Palace in Brandon

Walking in the Word


  
28 “But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go, work today in my vineyard.’ 29 He answered and said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he regretted it and went. 30 Then he came to the second and said likewise. And he answered and said, ‘I go, sir,’ but he did not go. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” 
They said to Him, “The first.” 
Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.  Matthew 21:28-31



Applying the Word


Obedience is important in our home.  I'm sure it is in yours as well.  I love for my children at home, and in church to listen "the first time."  Honestly however, my children and many others have a difficult time with this concept called immediate obedience.  But what would happen if your told your mom, "Sure, I'll clean my room right way?"  Only to go in and begin playing with your PSP.  Wow!  Your mom and dad would be pretty upset.  This is Jesus' point in this parable.  Sometimes we allow our sinful nature to get in the way and our immediate response isn't the best.  Here, we see Jesus talking about Salvation (going to Heaven)  It 's not just ok to say you love God and then decide to live a life that is wrong in His eyes.  God is looking for people who do more then talk the talk.  He's looking for believers who walk the walk.


Praying Through the Word


Dear Father, Thank you for a wonderful day yesterday.  Thank you for allowing your grace and mercy to shine through.  Father, I confess that sometimes I too have a difficult time with blind obedience.  Please forgive me.  Help me to be still and hear your voice.  And then let me heed your command immediately.  Lord, today I pray for my those who are sick and struggling with the Flu.  It seems like a lot of our children and adults are battling it.  Please bring relief and healing to their bodies.  In Jesus' Name, Amen


Memory Verse  


11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
         That I might not sin against You.   Psalm 119:11

No comments:

Post a Comment