Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who's House???

Walking In The Word

Matthew 21:12-13
Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.  And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer, but you have made it a ‘den of thieves'.

Applying The Word

I love church.  I love everything about church.  How we sing to the creator and maker of the universe.  I love to hear the Word of God preached and watch and hear the voices of children as they praise God.  I really do feel 'at home' in our church.  But I always remember that this church is God's House.  Not only is it His house, but it's His house of prayer.  I want every kid to have the best time of their life in church.  I also want everyone to remember that we worship a Holy and Mighty God.  He deserves respect and honor when in His home.  So the next time you come into His House, keep in mind that it's a place to talk with and honor the Father in heaven.

Praying Through the Word

Father, how I praise you this morning and praise you for everything that you are.  How I love to talk with you early in the morning.  I feel your voice is most clear during this time.  Forgive me Father when I treat You or Your house with any disrespect.  Help me to always remember to bow in Your presence and to give you all the honor you deserve.  Thank you for giving me this new day.  In Jesus' Day, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment