Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ready or Not, Here I Come




Walking in the Word

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’
13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.  Matthew 25:10-13

Response to the Word

The "virgins" in this story from the Bible are those women who are not yet married.  They are waiting for someone called the "Bridegroom."  He's the one who's getting ready to marry and is about to select a future wife.  In the story, the virgins go out to meet the bridegroom. Only problem is that they didn't properly prepare for the evening.  They had to leave in the middle of the "big event" in order to buy some oil.  And take a look at what happened when they returned.  The door was locked and bridegroom would not let them in. Wow!  Do you see what Jesus is saying here?  As believers in Jesus Christ, we need to be ready for Jesus to return at any moment.  This story also helps us to understand the need for "salvation" today!  Many assume that they have days, months or even years before they give their heart to the Lord.  But Jesus is absolutely clear when He said that 'No One' knows the time and date of His return.  It could be this morning or this afternoon.  Are you ready if He does?

Prayerful Response to the Word

Dear Lord, How I thank you for a great prayer meeting and children's choir at church last night.  I love to hear our children lift their voice to a Mighty God.  I pray it is a sweet offering to You.  Father, I pray you would guide me this day and help me to live my life "ready" for Your Son's return.  Help me to show others the way of salvation in and through Jesus Christ so that as many as possible will be saved.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment