Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The coolest show ever!

Yesterday the Pastoral and Promise Land team
came to together to seek the face of God on the South Campus.

Walking in the Word

30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.  Matthew 24: 30-31

Applying the Word

The lights start flashing and arms of the giant railroad crossing swing down.  The sound of a whistle grows louder and louder and the ground even begins to tremble.  What is it?  It's a train cutting a path right through downtown Plant City, and my youngest son thinks it's the coolest thing ever! His eyes grow wider and wider as each box car and auto carrier passes by.  These kind of things come to my mind when I read today's passage.  When Jesus comes, every eye will see and every tongue will proclaim his Lordship.  The angels will sound a trumpet for all to hear and we'll see Jesus coming upon the clouds.  Wow!  If you like trains and enjoy the front row seat to a locomotive and long chain of boxcars, then just wait.  The re-entry of our Lord and Savior will be incredible.  And just remember, Jesus is better than any train and He's coming again soon.

Praying through the Word

Dear Father, How good it is to greet you this morning and say how grateful I am to call you Father.  I ask you to search my heart, mind and soul and forgive any sins that stand between You and myself.  Please cleanse me and restore my life.  Jesus, I long for you to return.  How exciting it will be to see your re-entry.  Your Word says that if I don't offer praise from my tongue, the rocks will cry out.  This morning let the rocks remain silent as I joyfully praise You for all that you do and WHO you are!  You are Good. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment