Monday, February 7, 2011

The fake truth?

Walking in the Word

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.  Matthew 24:3-5

Response to the Word

I have the pleasure of taking my children on various field trips near and around Plant City, FL.  I grew up in Baltimore, MD.  We also took field trips to the aquarium and local historic places.  In addition, we had the opportunity to travel to Washington, DC and New York, NY.  One of the coolest things I saw in NY as a child were "Street Vendors."  They're the guys selling all kinds of things on the side of the road.  One guy was selling Genuine Gucci watches.  I could not believe how beautiful and inexpensive they were.  Being a smart kid, I bought one and proudly display it to all my friends.  That's when it happened!  The watch turned green six day later.  It was a cheap fake.  It had said Gucci on the front, but was indeed nothing but a cheap and useless watch.  Jesus said that many will come after Him and say that they indeed are the Messiah.  They will do incredible signs and speak in ways that make your ears "tingle."  How do you know when the "right" Messiah has returned?  Know Your Bible!  And you can only know your Bible if you spend daily time in it.  There are a lot of people saying and doing some pretty cool things.  But only One gave His life for us on the Cross.

Praying through the Word

Heavenly Father,  How I praise You this morning in the stillness of the hour. Lord please search my heart and forgive the sins which You find.  Please create in me a new heart and renew your incredible power.  Please give me eyes to see and eyes to hear the Your one true voice.  Help me to look boldly around and never fear by what I see because Your love sustains me and Your plans will be accomplished.  Father, thank you for an incredible day bowling with the elementary school children. Thank for the safety and great time that was had by all.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment