Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Act of Worship


Walking in the Word

Luke 7:36-38
  
36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. 37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil.
 
Responding to the Word
 
There's a song out that says, "What if I give all?"  I will confess that sometimes I bow my head to pray and think about what's happening around me.  Sometimes I sing the words to the worship song while thinking about the day ahead.  But I also know what happens when I pray like the Father is standing right beside me and sing like He's sitting by a speaker listening to me every word.  When I do the later, I am indeed worshiping!  Bow your head with me this morning to honor and worship the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  Put aside everything else and talk with Him.  He's listening.
 
Praying in the Word
 
Father, I have no alabaster box to offer you.  But what I do have I give freely.  Father I offer you my praise this morning.  Please forgive my sins and allow me to come into close fellowship with You.  I honor You not for what you do, but for who you are.  You are God!  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment