Friday, April 1, 2011

Boiling Points

Walking in the Word



Luke 4:28-30 

 28 All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. 29 They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff. 30 But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.

Responding to the Word

Everyone has anger.  It's a normal reaction to something that upsets you.  However, how you choose to "control" your anger makes all the difference in the world.  Take today's Bible passage for instance.  The people in the synagogue we mad enough to take God's Son and cast Him over a hillside!  Jesus, knowing that this was not the purpose of his coming simply walked through the midst of them and went away to a different town.  How cool is that?  Now I know what you're saying.  "I would never take someone and cast them over a hill in my anger!"  But what about in your heart?  Jesus told us that hating our brother in our hearts was like murder!  Be careful about what you let linger in your hearts.  The next time anger crops up your mind about something in the past or present, ask God to help you combat that with forgiveness.   After all, God's forgiven us for a whole lot more and we can do the same for others.


Praying Through the Word


Father, I know that I am not perfect.  I allow anger to settle in my heart and for Satan to take a hold way too many times.  Please allow me to release any anger and seek forgiveness for others and I pray others would seek forgiveness for me.  I pray the children of Plant City's First Baptist Church begin to grasp the issue of forgiveness in a whole new manner.  Sometimes extending forgiveness seems impossible, but with You all things are possible.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment