Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Way to Go


Walking in the Word

Luke 12:42-43 
42 And the Lord said, “Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.

Responding to the Word

I must admit that I did not have neatest room in the house when I was a child.  My older sister had a room we called the disaster.  Compared to hers, mine was pretty much OK.  I can remember when my mom would ask me to clean it.  After the usual protest, I started to clean up.  The only problem was that when my mom walked away, I'd stop cleaning.  Well, that was never a good idea because I could never hear her when she came back.  Jesus used a story similar to this.  He said the Son of Man (Jesus) was going up to Heaven, but would one day be coming back.  No one knows the day or time of His return, but remember he gave us a job to do while He's visiting the Father up in Heaven.  To go to all the nations and make disciples.  If we're not careful, we'll let other stuff fill our day.  Stuff like sports, friends or even a hobby we love.  But what do you want to be doing when He returns? 

Praying in the Word

Father, we are told to be ready in season and out of season.  I long await the ruturn of your Son to this planet.  Please give me the energy to always be faithful to Your call.  Father, I do lift up the Egg Drop Festival to You.  Please be our provision and may all who come hear the life-changing message of the Gospel.  In Jesus' Name, Bro Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment