Monday, April 11, 2011

Shine Jesus Shine


Walking in the Word

Luke 9:28-31 

28 Now it came to pass, about eight days after these sayings, that He took Peter, John, and James and went up on the mountain to pray. 29 As He prayed, the appearance of His face was altered, and His robe became white and glistening. 30 And behold, two men talked with Him, who were Moses and Elijah, 31 who appeared in glory and spoke of His decease which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.

Responding to the Word

I sometimes played the strangest games when I was younger.  One time my cousin and I learned that we could see some "really cool spots in our eyes" by looking directly in the sun.  Now I don't recommend this as you would soon discover that looking into the sun makes your eyes tear up and gives you an instant headache.  I did however learn a very important lesson.  Simply stated, you can't look directly into the sun.  I believe that may have been the feeling of Peter, James and John as they beheld the "transformed" Messiah.  Sometimes people look at Jesus as simply that "Suffering Servant" that came to give His life for sinners like you and I.  But He's also a whole lot more.   He's God in the flesh.  He beheld all glory and power and one day He's coming again.  This time every knee will bow as say that He is Lord.  So go ahead and put on your cool shades because one day we too will see the power of the Risen Messiah.

Praying through the Word

Father, I know You hold everything in Your Hand.  Your Word says that Jesus was shining and talking with Moses and Elijah.  Time and space, life and death are all in Your Hands.  Please give me eyes to see you at work in the world around me and to show others the way to your salvation.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment