Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Keep up the Faith

Walking in the Word

Luke 13:18-19
  
18 Then He said, “What is the kingdom of God like? And to what shall I compare it? 19 It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and put in his garden; and it grew and became a large tree, and the birds of the air nested in its branches.”
 
Responding to the Word
 
When we think of the Kingdom of God, we think of vast, powerful places.  But Jesus said we could compare it to a mustard seed.  Now you can see that a mustard seed is anything be "vast," but what's up with this strange teaching?  I think back to the boy how had the lunchable of five loaves of bread and two fish.  What his mom packed for a mid day meal became the starting point of feeding five thousand people.  Something so small became something so "vast."
Faith is the same way.  God uses a "small" amount of faith in your heart and life and does incredible things.  Some may tell you, "But you're only a child."  Between you and me, I think God does even more with the faith of Children.  It may be small, but it's genuine. So, keep up the faith!
 
Praying in the Word
 
Father, How precious is the faith you instill within us.  Thank you for loving me and saving me from all unrighteousness.  Father I do believe, please help my unbelief.  Help me trust in You and Your word and not in this world or in my abilities.  Lord, I continue to pray for good weather on Saturday.  May your glory shine from the helicopter to the Easter eggs and may all experience of the Resurrected Messiah!  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment