Friday, March 11, 2011

Don't be afraid to ask.

My son Jacob about to launch into the air at the Strawberry Festival
Walking in the Word

51 So Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?” 
The blind man said to Him, “Rabboni, that I may receive my sight.” 
52 Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.


Responding to the Word


It seemed like everything always changes when Jesus is around.  Mark tells us the people around this "blind man" warned him to be quiet and not make a scene.  And what was his response?  He just yelled louder, "Have mercy on me." Jesus said that sometimes we have not because we ask no.  This blind man asked for his sight to be restored in faith.  And in faith, it was restored.  Is there something that only Jesus can do in your life right now?  Ask Him.  Just be sure to ask Him, "in faith!"




Praying through the Word


Dear Father, You are a good and patient God and I praise and adore you today.  Father, I pray my faith in You would be strong.  Lord, I believe, please help my unbelief.  Father, my friend Mrs. Mary Hallman is in desperate need of Your touch.  Please help her transition home to be safe and good.  Please bring her back to the children at First Baptist as soon as possible because we all miss her dearly.  Thank You Father for hearing this prayer, In Jesus' Name, Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment