Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fire from Heaven


Walking in the Word

Luke 3:16 (New King James Version)
16 John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Responding to the Word

John the Baptist was sent to prepare the way for Jesus.  He preached repentance and baptized people in water.  John boldly proclaimed that Jesus would not choose to use the cool refreshing element we call water, but FIRE!  Don't worry.  You don't have to come to Jesus in a flame-retardent jumper.  The "fire" he's referring to is the uninhibited passion He will put into your life.  A passion to see God work in our family and schools today.  A passion to see friends (and enemies) come to Christ and make Him the Lord and Savior of their life.  A passion to raise your heart, sole and mind to the Maker and Creater of everything seen and unseen.

Praying Through the Word

Father, I pray the "fire" you have placed in my life never dies out.  I pray the passion I have for You will spead like wildfire throughout our children's dept as well as our whole church.  Lord, I pray our
Faith teams will see Your hand move in mighty and magnificant way in Faith Evangelism tonight. In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment