Monday, March 28, 2011

Heavenly Store or Honoring the Father

Walking in the Word

Luke 2:48-50 

48 So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”
49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” 50 But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

Responding to the Word

I love toy stores.  The lights, displays and all the "stuff" to play with for free (as long as you don't take it out of the store.)  The only problem is that my kids love it as much as I do.  Now why is that such a major problemo?  I can never find my kids in those stores.  I'm not sure if they're they have the issue of wondering off or I do?  And when their found, they only excuse is that they where hanging out in the the Barbie, Video Game, Action Hero or Bike Isle.  Today, we have one of the only snapshots of Jesus as a child.  A twelve year old child who didn't hang out in toy stores or camel markets, but in the Temple.  And even more interesting, check out His twelve year old response to His family.  "What do mean you couldn't find me?  I've been here ALL day.  You must know that I have to do what I must do - be about my Dad's business." Pastor Bill's translation.  Are you about the Father's business?  Here's a cool challenge for today.  Let your mom or dad surprisingly find you not playing video games or watching same episode of "whatever" on the TV, but spending time in God's Word and Learning His ways.  Then, you too will be about the Father's business.

Praying through the Word

Father, Your ways are awesome and plans are wonderful!  How I thank you for giving us a glimpse of your son at a young age.  Please allow my heart to join your son and always be about your business.  Thank you God for an Incredible day yesterday in Church. May your blessings fall on Dr. Hill as he indeed been an example of seeking You and your business for over 62 years of ministry.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment