Thursday, March 17, 2011

What A Smell



Walking in the Word


Mark 14:3  


 3 While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head


Responding to the Word


I remember a time when Sunday morning consisted of several men in three piece suits and  women wearing long and flowing dresses.  We had a pretty strict dress code in our small church up north.  Today, we focus more on what's inside a person than what's on the outside.  The dress code has drastically changed.  But we should always remember that we are "honor" the Father, Son and Holy Spirit each and every day of our lives.  The women in today's story honored Jesus by anointing his head with perfume.  She may not of been aware of the significance of her actions, but Jesus sure was.  Not only was Jesus pleased with her sacrifice, but He said that her story would be 'linked' to the Gospel message throughout history.  Have you honored the Lord today?  Why don't you pause right now and tell Him just how much you love, honor and adore him?


Praying Through the Word


Father, I know you look at the heart.  I pray you find within me a heart that is honoring only You.  Lord, I know I have much to learn about Your will and ways.  Father, may my mind and heart be open to Your good and perfect will.  I honor you Father.  You are not simply above all other gods, you are the only God! I again lift up my friends Bill and Mary Hallman.  I pray for your divine touch in her life.  I also pray for Greg Howards mom in Tampa General.  Lord, I pray for good recovery after some pretty extensive surgery.  In Jesus' Name, Amen


Memory Verse


Psalm 119:37-38

 37 Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things,
         And revive me in Your way.
 38 Establish Your word to Your servant,
         Who is devoted to fearing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment