Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ready and Waiting!

My son Billy ready to soar high at the Festival


Walking in the Word


32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. 34 It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. 35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”  Mark 13:32-37


Responding to the Word


   Have you ever made "Shrink-e-dinks?"  They're the coolest thing ever.  When you first get them, they are large and without color.  Directions tell us to first paint or color the Shrink-e-dink any way you want.  Then put them in a preheated oven registering 350 degrees.  Do you know what happens?  They shrink! And they shrink really fast.  My whole family stands there looking into the window of the oven as to miss the big event.  Jesus told his followers to "watch" for the second coming of the Messiah.  We watch by spending time in the Word of God, by singing and praying together in corporate worship (that means church), and by having meaningful family devotions.  He's coming again my friends.  Will you be watching or sleeping?


Praying through the Word


   Heavenly Father, I bow my heart and body to You and Your will.  My heart is filled with excited and wonder as I see the events around me unfolding.  Your Word tells us that much of what we are seeing today will take place before the second coming of Your Son Jesus.  May you find me ready and not asleep.  Father, I pray for the people of Japan.  I pray for the families that have been devastated by disaster.  Would your peace and protection go out to all who call upon You.  In Jesus' Name, Amen


Memory Verse


Psalm 119:37-38 

 37 Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things,
         And revive me in Your way.
 38 Establish Your word to Your servant,
         Who is devoted to fearing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment