Monday, March 14, 2011

Loving Him with Everything

New York Trip 2011


Walking in the Word

Mark 12:29-31 (New King James Version)

29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Responding to the Word

I love a lot of things around me. I love my wife, my children and city I call home.  I love the church and all the children that make me smile everyday.  But I love God even more.  The Bible says to love Him with "everything we have and everything we are!"  Thats a pretty big order.  But do you know the coolest thing ever?  If we give God all of our love, everything else seems to fall into place as well.  When I love God more, I love my family more.  When I love God more, I love my children and church more.  I guess its just an "added blessing" that God gives to His children.  So, how much do you love God???

Praying through the Word

Father, Please forgive me for the times I do not love you the way I should.  Please forgive me when I love the "things around me" or "the stuff" more than You.  I do love and adore You today and forever.  Thank you for bringing Mr. Cluade and Mrs. Shiela Walker home from India safely.  I ask this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, the Name of above every other Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment