Friday, January 28, 2011

97, 98, 99 ????


Walking in the Word

Matthew 18:10-14 

 
“Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.  For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.
“What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?  And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.  Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
Applying the Word
Hey guys.  I hear sheep can be pretty "hard-headed" sometimes.  If you where a sheep, the best place for you to be would be right next to the Shepperd.  I mean, he's the guy who is always watching out for you.  But sheep can be pretty, well  "hard-headed" sometimes.  The Bible sometimes compares us to sheep.  We are the "sheep" and Jesus is the "Good Sheppard."  And sometimes we let the "world" into our hearts and minds and drift away from the truth of God's Word.  Jesus is saying that He is not waiting for you to come to Him, but that He is continually searching for you!  Wow, isn't nice to have a Sheppard looking out for us?
Praying Through the Word
Father, Please forgive me what I act like a "hard-headed" sheep.  Sometimes I do mess up and let the world around me come right into my life.  Help me to always come before You and seek Your guidance, wisdom and love.  Thank you for finding me and saving my soul.  Please watch over all my "sheep" from babies to fifth graders at Plant City's First Baptist Church.  In Jesus' Name, Amen
Memory Verse for the Week

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
      And lean not on your own understanding;
      In all your ways acknowledge Him,                                                                                                    And He shall direct[ your paths.  Prov. 3:5-6 

No comments:

Post a Comment