Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yes Sir!

Walking in the Word
"The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof.  But just say the word, and my servant will be healed."  When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone is Israel with such faith."  Matthew 8:5-6, 10.

Response to the Word
Wow, did you see that cool toy at the store?  Only problem is that it cost $359.00.  That's a lot of money, especially for a kid.  If you work really hard, save your allowance and do some odd jobs around the house, maybe you could buy that cool toy in about a year!  But take a look at what Jesus said.  He didn't heal the Centurions servant because the Centurion gave him $359.00.  He didn't even promise to protect Jesus, even though that was his job.  He simply had GREAT FAITH.  Faith that heals.  Faith that makes a difference-Faith in Jesus.

Praying through the Word
Father, I am so thankful for your precious word.  I sit amazed at what Jesus said to the Centurion.  I pray that my faith is found to be strong.  I pray that when I hear of sickness I think first of you!  Please give me eyes to see you working all around me.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Memory Verse for the Week

1 John 5:13  "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment