Monday, January 17, 2011

Rest Area Ahead


Walking in the Word

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30

Applying the Word

I have never climbed Mt. Everest, but do admire those who do and succeed.  Why?  Because it's the highest elevation on Earth!  It takes someone who has high-endurance and a high-determination to succeed.  But the one thing I have noticed as I have watched some documentaries on Mt. Everest is that people do not climb that mountain in one day.  It takes a while to get to the top.  Along the journey, they stop for rest, warmth, food and water.  It must feel incredible to lay inside a warm tent after long day of hiking.  Notice what Jesus told His followers.  That we would find "rest" in Him.  No, you probably aren't climbing Mt. Everest any time soon, but you may be going through a rough time.  Jesus understands that and promised to be there every step of the way.

Praying Through the Word

Father, How I adore you in every way I know.  You are a great God as You are the Only God that exist.  How marvelous are your ways in my life.  Thank for sending Jesus to pay the price for my sins on the cross of Calvary.  Thank you also for the gift of "rest" when I desperately need it.  You are Good!  Help me to always remember that it's not all about rest, but You are source of my strength and I thank you.  In Jesus' Name, Amen & Amen

Memory verse for the week

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"  Matthew 11:28a

No comments:

Post a Comment