Thursday, January 20, 2011

Heavens on my mind!


Walking Through The Word

Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field,  which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.”  Matthew 13: 31-32

Applying The Word

Sometimes people look at children and say, "Oh, they're just a child!"  We live in a society where sometimes children are not taken very serious.  Some think, "If a child's opinion isn't very strong, well neither could their faith be."  But nothing could be further from the truth.  Adults have a hard time explaining the concept of heaven.  But Jesus said it's like a small mustard seed.  If planted and watered, it grows to one of the largest trees in the garden.  So don't think you're too young to thinkand to put things in Heaven.  Plant it now and watch it grow!

Praying Through the Word

Father, Your Kingdom is grand and beautiful.  One day I will see that face to face.  But while I'm here in this beautiful garden called Plant City, let me be faithful set my mind fully the Your will and Your Kingdom.  As my faith grows, so may my understanding of the grandeur of Heaven.  Please be with my Pastor, Barry and Randy as they are in Niceraqua.  I ask for their safety and success on their mission.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Memory verse for the week

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"  Matthew 11:28a

No comments:

Post a Comment