Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Careful Little Mouth What You Say



Walking Through the Word

"But I tell you that men will have to give an account on the day of judgement for every careless word spoken.  For by your words you will be acquitted and by your words you will be condemned."  Matthew 12: 36-37

Applying the Word

"I Hate You," I heard a child tell his mom while waiting in line at Publix.  Why did he "hate" his mom?  Because she refused to give in and by some bubble gum that was sitting just above the child's eye on the right side.  Wow, I thought.  That sure is some strong words for something as simple as bubble gum.  Words carry a lot of weight.  James, in the New Testament, tells us that our "tongue" is a very strong member of our body.  We can use words to build up our friends, or tear them down.  The choice is ours.  We can also use our "tongue" to lift Jesus high or to put Him down.  Again, the choice is yours.  But keep in mind, we will one day have to explain ourselves for everything we said.  Wow!

Praying Through the Word

Father, I confess that I sometimes use my words carelessly.  Please forgive me for my careless words.  I also confess that I sometimes let my anger come out through my mouth.  Please Father, forgive me for those times also.  Thank You father for your Holy Word.  How it blesses and challenges my life each and every morning.  You are indeed good!  Please let me take time to pray for my friends the Collins Family who endured the tragic lose of a beloved mother and grandmother.  Father I pray for peace in the hearts of all those who were impacted by this tragedy.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Memory verse for the week

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"  Matthew 11:28a




No comments:

Post a Comment