Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Light of the World


Here is Caleb with the award winning "truck" in RA's
Last Sunday, we learned about a missionary that served in the
truck stops.
Walking In The Word


Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.  Matthew 17: 1-3

Applying the Word

I think it's very important to conserve our natural resources.  I'm probably one of the most "green" ministers here.  I like to look into solar panels for my home (too expensive) and even one day have an electric car (problem is none will hold my family :) ).  But there is one thing that drives me a little crazy.  It's these Compact Fluorescent light bulbs.  In our small bathroom at church, it's almost dark when you first turn on the light.  It's takes "a long while" to actually get bright.  Well, according to Matthew, just the opposite happened to Jesus.  His face and robe was "exceeding white".  Matthew says it was like looking into the sun!  How cool is God to allow Peter, James and John to behold that kind of glory?  Today, you and I can do the same.  Don't look at Jesus as just the Suffering Servant that takes aways the sins of the World, but the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings!  And He's coming back!

Praying The Word

Father, I just can't image the incredible sight that Peter, James and John beheld on that mountain.  I look forward to the day when I can bow down to the Power and Splendor of your Son.  Today, I bow down and say thank you for doing a MIGHTY work in my son Billy's life.  You indeed are the Great Physician!  Help me father to always make room in my heart for You and Your.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Memory Verse for the Week

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
      And lean not on your own understanding;
      In all your ways acknowledge Him,
      And He shall direct[ your paths.  Prov. 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment