Thursday, January 6, 2011

*** Manhunt ***

Bender Boys at the Rays Game - Billy, Jacob and Seth

Beatitudes

You are the salt of the earth.  But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?  It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.  You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.  (italics added)  Matthew 5:13-14

Walking In The Word

There's nothing better than going camping.  I enjoy being outside and seeing the handiwork of God our Father.  Even now, I am writing on my back porch listening to the rain.  Wow, it's beautiful!  I enjoy camping in order spend time with my family.  My son Jacob enjoys camping to play one game -- Manhunt!  It's a game you play at night.  You dress in all black, hide and woods and wait for someone to find you.  It's a little scary but allot of fun.  Notice however what Jesus is saying here in the Sermon on the Mount.  Its also called the Beatitudes.  He told us that when it comes to our love for God and for His Son Jesus Christ, it's not about hiding but about shining!  Do you shine for Jesus in your classroom or on your sports team, forgiving one another when someone has offended you?   Do you shine for him at the 4H club or when you're hanging with friends on the weekend,  turning away from music or video games that are not pleasing to God?  Regardless of where you find yourself, let others see and know in the One you call Lord and Savior.  And then step back and let them glorify our great God in heaven.

Response to the Word of God

Father, I come to you with a spirit of joy and gladness.  How I marvel at how You send the rain in just the right time.  How I adore the way you have loved me and have continually made a way for me to be close to you.  God, I pray that in response to all that you have done, I would gladly "shine before men" and show them that Jesus is the true Christ - the Son of the Living God.  Father please help me to acknowledge you today and testify to all concerning the Hope that lives within me.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment