Friday, January 7, 2011

Do I Have to Do More?

In the Word at Red Barn Ranch

Walking in the Word

If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.  Matthew 5:41

Applying the Word of God

It pretty odd to hear some say to go two miles instead of one.  During the days of Jesus, Rome was in control of much of the land. Rome declared a law that they could "force" a person or even a child, to carry their armor and supplies for one mile.  Jesus said to go two!  Why?  So that others would see Jesus in their lives and Glorify His Father.  Many times, brothers and sisters fight more than boxers on Friday night.  What would happen if you showed unconditional love to your family?  When mom and dad asks you to help your sibling clean up, go the extra mile and offer to vacuum and dust.  Why?  So that others would see Jesus in you.

Responding to the Word

Dear Father, You are an awesome God and I bow my heart and soul to You alone!  Father, I know that many times I have not been a "Second-Mile Man."  Please forgive me and help me to remember the words of Jesus and show those around me His unconditional love.  Thank you for hearing me and answering this prayer.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment