Thursday, January 27, 2011

All Pro Callouts

Walking in the Word


Matthew 18:1-6


At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,  and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.


Applying the Word


For the most part, children are love and adored in our country today.  We have several good laws to protect all of you.  But that was not the case in when Jesus walked on Earth.  Children had virtually no rights.  They were seen more as "property."  Jesus used a child to teach on the greatest lessons ever.  Just who was the greatest after all?  The disciples must have been really busy sizing one another up.  One may have been stronger?  One may have been better looking?  But Jesus didn't base His decision on any of those things.  He used a child!  He said that our faith must be that of a child!  Why?  Because children have great faith.  When you are a child, you don't reason everything out and look for the best possible conclusion.  You just believe and that's the kind of faith Jesus is looking for.


Praying Through the Word


Dear Father, 
Please forgive me when I allow pride to fill my heart and pull me away from you.  Thank you for the privilege of working with so many great children at Plant City's First Baptist.  I believe these children are going to rock this world for your name.  Help me never to doubt or reason away any of the faith you have instilled in my heart and please help me to give you "all" that I am "all" of the time.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Memory Verse for the Week

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
      And lean not on your own understanding;
      In all your ways acknowledge Him,
      And He shall direct[ your paths.  Prov. 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment