Monday, January 3, 2011


Beautiful Clearwater Beach at Sunset
Show and Tell

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water.  At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.  And a voice from heaven said, "This is my son, whom I love; with him and I am well pleased."  Matthew 3:16-17

Walking in the Word

Jesus was God in the flesh and walked right here among us.  Even though he had divine power, He still did what was right in pleasing his father.  And just take a look at what God did.  It's one of the few places in the Bible we see what we call the "Trinity - The Father, Son and Holy Spirit."   Some of us either grew up or are growing up in a Christian home and sometimes think our parents merits bring us closer to God.  That's simply not true.  God wants each us to turn our hearts toward Him and do the things that are "pleasing" to Him.

Prayer of Response to the Word

Father, Thank you for sending us your Son to live among us and to show us the way.  Help me to understand that my faith in you helps me to take one step at a time and that those steps help me to please you.  Thank you for John the Baptist and helping him to declare the path for Jesus.  Help me to prepare my heart to receive him every day and in every way.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment