Friday, January 14, 2011

Yea, that's my BIG brother


Walking in the Word

"But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it.  At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."  Matthew 10:19-20

Applying the Word

My little brother Stephen was seven years younger that I was.  Now seven years is a pretty long time.  We fought some of the times and played a lot of the times.  But Steve always new he could turn to me when he needed help.  I was his "really" big brother.  Take a look at what Jesus told his disciples.  When troubling times come, God steps in and offers incredible help!  The "Spirit of your Father," is another name for the Holy Spirit.   Have strength my friends, because if you have given your life to Jesus Christ, then God in heaven has given to you also, the "Spirit of the Father."

Praying through the Word

Dear Lord, Thank you for another cool and wonderful morning.  Thank you for the love and grace you have lavished upon your people.  Lord, I confess there are times when I think I have to handle things all alone.  Help me to always remember that You have given to me the Holy Spirit.  He is the Spirit of Wisdom and the Spirit of Strength.  He is the third part of the trinity and I bow to praise Him.  Lord I pray for Mrs. Mary Hallman who's still in Bartow Regional Hospital.  Father I pray for her healing and restoration.  Thank you for hearing this prayer.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Memory Verse for the Week

1 John 5:13  "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment