Monday, January 10, 2011

The Real Face of a Christian

Walking in the Word

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  Many of you will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform miracles?  Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you.  Away from me, you evildoers!"  Matthew 7:21-23

Apply the Word

I don't know about you, but I like to watch a little television.  I enjoy programs that make me laugh, home improvement shows and crime mysteries.  But I must always tell myself that they are "actors."  People who play police detectives and really just men and women like you and I.  And kids that play spy movies such as "Agent Cody Banks" are really just kids like many of you.  Notice how the people in the above verses were "shocked" when Jesus said He didn't know them.  They weren't a bunch of mean criminals, but people who did things, "in Jesus' name."  Just saying you love Jesus doesn't mean you really do!  Just because you come to Church doesn't make you a believer.  No more than sitting in a garage make you a car.  Each person must make a decision to trust in Christ with all their heart, mind and soul.

Praying through the Word

Father, thank you for a wonderful day of worship yesterday.  I had the privilege of watching your children sing and worship you Lord.  I love to hear their voices but can't see their hearts.  Only you can.  I pray that each person that reads this have given you their heart and make you the Lord of their life.  I pray my life reflects the joy of my salvation that you have given.  We are your people and You are our God.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Memory Verse for the Week

1 John 5:13  "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment