Friday, January 21, 2011

Everything Is On Sale

Survivor Weekend

Walking Through the Word

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field."  Matthew 13:44


Applying the Word


This parable is so cool.  I have probably read it and heard it about 800 times.  But it wasn't until recently that God allowed me to see the power of this verse.  The big question is, "What's Heaven like?"  Well the Bible says its incredible!  But there's more!  What we do on Earth in Jesus' Name builds treasure in Heaven.  And according to this verse, we should be building treasure ALL THE TIME.  Did you see what that guy was doing in the story?  Selling everything! People must of thought he had gone crazy!  Sell everything to buy some field!  But the man knew something.  There was treasure in that field.  Guys, when we realize the truth about God's Kingdom and what we are to do here on Earth, it should make a profound difference in our lives.  So much so, that people around us begin to take notice.


Praying Through the Word


Father, You are the God of God and Lord of Lords.  There is none above You because there is none but You.  Father,  please help me to live my life in such a way that I am constantly building treasure in Your Kingdom.  Help me to put You first and myself second. In Jesus' Name, Amen



Memory verse for the week

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"  Matthew 11:28a

No comments:

Post a Comment