Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You're Going to Sit With Them???

Buddies for Life
Walking in the Word

Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples.  And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?"  Jesus said, "I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."  Matthew 8:10-11, 13 (Pastor Bill's Words)


Response to the Word

Ever notice that kid sitting by themselves in lunch?  Maybe he's the new kid?  Maybe she comes from different part of the world and has a difficult time making friends?  The Pharisees thought Jesus was obviously unaware of the poor company He was keeping.  "Maybe," they thought, "He's not as smart as people think he is."  Jesus quickly took that opportunity to clarify his mission to this world.  His mission - to call sinners to repentance.  He came for people like you and me.  So the next time you see a child sitting alone, walk over and introduce yourself, and tell them of the hope that lies within you.  Jesus.

Praying Through the Word

Dear Father, I confess to You that I am a sinner.  And I am grateful that your Son came for sinners.  Help me father to show the love of Christ to all people.  Not just to the friendly and nice people, but to every person I meet.  I pray that every child in our church is not afraid to build relationships with those who need the love of Christ as much as I do.  Thank you for hearing this prayer.  In Jesus' Name, Amen


Memory Verse for the Week

1 John 5:13  "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment